Another year, and still no call from Sue Lawley.
As it's Christmas, time for a little self-indulgence. Here's the twelve records I would take with me to the desert island (I know you're only allowed eight, but it's Christmas!).
I must admit the temptation to take a recording of Stephen Pollard on Any Questions was very strong...(not)
Below is my selection ( in no particular order).
What about yours? The Exile, Holocaust Child, Bob, and all our other regular readers-I'd like to hear from you!
1. Hey Neighbour- Flanagan and Allan
2. Dragon’s Legend- Koto
3. Run Rabbit Run- Flanagan and Allan
4. Hary Janos suite- Zoltan Kodaly
5. Paper Sun- Traffic
6. Dedicated to the One I Love- Mamas and the Papas
7. Simon Smith and the Amazing Dancing Bear- Harpers Bizarre
8. Anything Goes-Harpers Bizarre
9. Das Model- Kraftwerk
10. L'Important C’Est La Rose- Gilbert Becaud
11. Where have all the flowers gone? Marlene Dietrich
12. God Only Knows- Beach Boys
Thursday, December 15, 2005
Desert Island Discs
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Go on, I'll bite:
1. Dirty old town (Dubliners version)
2. And the band played Waltzing matilda (any artist)
3. Joe Hill (any artist)
4. You were always on my mind (Willy Nelson)
5. Times they are a changing (Dylan!!!)
6. Mr Tambourine man (Dylan)
7. American Pie (Don Maclean)
8. Sound of silence (Simon and Garfunkle)
9. Bridge over troubled water (S & G)
10. I walk the line (Johnny Cash)
11. La vie en rose (Piaf!!!)
12. No woman no cry (Bob Marley)
You have a great choice in music as well as in politics, The Exile.
A very happy Christmas!
I was going to include Ich hatt einen kameraden, just to annoy the toy-town trots, but I thought better of it.
Thanks for your kind words. I shall be in the UK next month - London mainly - so if you fancy a pint, drop me a line.
Post a Comment