Donate


Thursday, October 16, 2008

The Best Credit Crash Jokes


The Daily Mail has published some of the best financial meltdown jokes doing the rounds. Here's some of my favourites- I hope you enjoy them!

What's the difference between the BBC's Business Editor Robert Peston and God?
God doesn't think he's Robert Peston.


A young man asked an elderly rich man how he made his money. 'Well, son, it was 1932-the depth of the Great Depression. I was down to my last penny, so I invested that penny in an apple. I spent the entire day polishing the apple and, at the end of the day, I sold that apple for ten pennies. 'The next morning I bought two apples, spent the day polishing them and sold them for 20 pennies. I continued this for a month, by which time I'd accumulated a fortune of £1.37. 'Then my wife's father died and left us £2 million.'

You know it's a credit crunch when...
Your builder asks to be paid in Zimbabwean dollars rather than sterling.
The Inland Revenue is offering a 25 per cent discount for cash-payers.
Victoria Beckham is pictured shopping in Primark.


And my favourite joke of the lot:

What's the capital of Iceland?
About £3.50.

2 comments:

DBC Reed said...

The apple-polisher joke is similar to the old Greek gag about the humble origins of a post-war shipping tycoon
"When I left the island I carried all my possessions in paper bag.Mind you they included 10 million in commercial paper and negotiable securities."

Anonymous said...

Yes, those boring old tory blowhards who bang on about how they used to push a handcart 14 miles to market every day are invariably lying, the real way to make a fortune is to inherit it. Anyone who believes otherwise is deluded.
By the way, what did I say about "stricken" bankers retaining their lucrative bonuses & after-dinner speaking careers? Have a butcher's at this: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/bankers-16316bn-bonus-bonanza-965445.html