Friday, June 20, 2008
The Top Ten Neo-Liberal Jokes
The neo-conservative and staunch anti-communist commentator Daniel Finkelstein has posted, on the Times comment central site, what he believes to be the 'Top Ten Communist Jokes', or rather the Top Ten Jokes about communism. In the interests of political balance, I thought I'd list my Top Ten Neo-Liberal Jokes.
1. Britain's privatised railway system (which leads to commuters who have spent thousands of pounds on hideously overpriced season tickets having to stand in toilets).
2. Britain's privatised utilities.
3. The works of Dr Milton Friedman.
4. The Adam Smith Institute (those bright sparks who gave us (1) above).
5. The EU's oh-so-popular Lisbon Treaty.
6. George Bush.
7. The 'trickle-down' theory.
8. The idea that privatisation is good for the taxpayer.
9. The Terminal 5 fiasco.
If you've got any neoliberal jokes of your own, please send them in!