Donate


Tuesday, March 14, 2006

A War Criminal Speaks

By their own words, they are damned. Here's Clinton's 'special envoy' to the Balkans, Richard 'von Ribbentrop' Holbrooke. If there was any justice in this world, war criminals like Holbrooke, Perle and Wolfowitz would be dying in prison cells and not those who stand up to their aggression.

'In March 1999 I made two trips to Belgrade at President Clinton's instructions. I told Milosevic that if he accepted our deal and withdrew all his security forces from Kosovo, we would not bomb him.
He refused to do that and as a result I told him, in the last time I ever saw him, I told him that the bombing would start immediately and it would be sustained and severe and he had no response. '
I flew directly to Budapest. When I got to Budapest I called Washington and said it's over and the bombing started within a few hours. That's the last time I saw him.
I knew as soon as he reached The Hague that he'd never see daylight again and I think that justice was served in a weird way because he died in his cell, and that was the right thing to do. '

No comments: