Donate


Wednesday, December 12, 2007

An Absent Minded Mr Memory

If you weren't watching BBC1 at approximately 5.20pm this evening, you missed one of the most unintentionally funny moments on British tv in many a year. Blue Peter proudly announced that a 'Memory Man' was going to recite the names, birthdays and desired Xmas presents of around twenty or so children in the studio. Only one flaw in the excellent plan: Mr Memory proved to be extremely forgetful.
As funny as watching Mr Memory's bout of amnesia undoubtedly was, the hysterical part of the show was watching the presenters try to gloss over the embarrassment afterwards. Memories of the Alan Partridge Show and 'Cheeky Monkey' springed readily to mind, except that this time, the embarrassment was all for real. Hopefully 'Mr Memory's Blue Peter performance will turn up on You Tube very shortly, and when it does I'll post it here, but in the meantime, here are some classic Blue Peter funny bits.

4 comments:

johnbakeronline said...

I saw it, yes, beautiful. So frustrating seeing it alone, though. You're the only other person I know who was there.

nowpost said...

I look forward to seeing that Neil - sounds classic. Did he say words to the effect of "Ladies and Gentleman, Cheeky Monkey has made me forget!".

By the way, wondered if you'd noticed the EU treaty signing away yet more national sovereignty in Brussels today...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7141651.stm

Anonymous said...

The treaty only comes into force when all 27 EU nations have ratified it.

Zoomy said...

I live to entertain. If I can get a copy uploaded to YouTube myself, I will. :)

Memory Man Ben Pridmore